Clean Up on Aisle Four


And Action!

After the events of the prior days, dealing with the Hammerheads, and Miss Aver in the Northside, the group started to handle the arrangements that had manifested as a result of those events.

This involved Kitty and Bunyip to start their production on the Simsense work that they had captured breaking into Miss Aver’s lab, capitalizing on the visuals, but editing it to create a more entertaining version of events.

Realizing that there would be gaps in the video they were creating, due to the need to clip out some boring portions, remove some identities and alter a few details best not shared, Kitty hired famed Simsense actress Elsy Cadence to gather some additional footage, which could be modified to fit the general tone and feel of the existing footage, and to add an additional level of dread, foreboding and horror to the original that it lacked. Elsy agreed to provide 4 hours of additional footage that Bunyip would alter post production into usable footage.

Of course, this work was made easier with the use of Kitty’s extensive production studio available to the duo. After three hours of work, they had the digital masks and virtual environmental applications ready, and all they needed was the final footage from Elsy to fill in the missing areas in post production. With the recent information hitting the streets considering the elimination of Zero Von Cyborg by a group of edgerunners, it was believed that the final product would sell well. Considering the readily available number of chips recently acquired by Kitty, the overhead was fairly low, and the two stood to make some significant money if they made any reasonable sales of the chips.

Behind the Badge

Meanwhile, Coop returned to the police station after the completion of his mission only to find that he was to be returned to the boring doldrums of tech support once again. With the recent excitement, he had come to realize that he rather liked the recent operation and was reluctant to return to the halls of paperwork and repair that he had occupied prior.

He spoke with Captain Sandra Marks who advised him that there was little she could do to prevent his return to his department, unless she could have him officially attached to the department for the duration of a “critical repair.” It turned out the the units last tech, Jones, had committed suicide after suffering from a complete break, and had left the repair of the unit’s primary armored transport vehicle in pieces, and in need of repair. Should Coop agree to repair it, the captain would make his attachment to the unit more long term until she could justify stealing him from technical support on a more long term basis.

Coop was of course, quite happy with this arrangement, and agreed to repair the “Lenko” as requested, to insure his attachment to the SO Unit. The captain indicated that he didn’t need to rush it, as long as he made himself useful and did the job right.

After the meeting, Coop was provided the desk of the prior tech and given some “paperwork” to fill out. Realizing that someone was attempting to put off doing some of their own work, Coop provided the short version of the requested work and returned it to the requester, earning the grudging respect of the team.

Once settled, Coop then gained access to an unsecured terminal in the precinct and installed Miss Aver’s flash device, which supposedly uploaded a program into the Police network granting her access to Police files for the entire Frontier Police Department.


While the others were handling some personal errands, Todd, contacted Lin-Sa Feng to request some assistance with handling his staffing needs for his business, R&R LLC. Mr. Lin-sa provided Todd with a contact at Midboss, who could assist him.

After making contact and scheduling an appointment with Midboss, Todd then provided them with all the requirements needed to acquire 5 candidates to act as Operations Directors. Additionally Todd requested that the applicants be local and available for interview on the following Monday.

Don’t harsh my buzz!

Rusty found a nice secluded location to get himself baked on organic pot. Taking advantage of the low cost and legality of it, he acquired nearly half a kilo, some of which he saved for future consumption. To facilitate this, he located a secluded spot where he would be safe for a few hours.

Arranging an encounter

At around the same time, Fyfy was making arrangements to meet up with Terra Sloane. She was working at Ozone Club at the time but would be able to meet later that day, or even the following day.

Getting the Entire Story

Gimmy took this short window of time to finally get around to watching the personal diary video the Miss Aver had provided him. The video diary gave him the background that was needed to fully comprehend the gravity of the actions that Cronacorp and Futuretech had taken against her.

In addition to that information, it also described in great detail, the steps that had to be taken to survive her ordeal long enough to develop a means of preserving herself. It also detailed the steps she took to restore herself to a mostly human form as well as the development of Zero Von Cyborg.

The video diary was hours long and Gimmy watched the entire thing. He knew that eventually he would be interviewing her.

The Hot Tip

Coop received a call from a contact of his, Aristotle Church, who stated that he had a line on a bounty contract against the Mavericks street gang by an anonymous client. At a price of 500 CR per identifiable head, it may well be an opportunity to rid the city of some crime while making a bit of spending cash. This information would be all his for a small finder’s fee of 750 CR (after they negotiated it down from 1000 CR). It was suggested that a team of people might make enough money to make it worthwhile.

Coop decided to talk to his recently found friends to see if they were interested. He was certain that most of them would be, but he couldn’t be certain without speaking with them.

Interestingly, a second tip was relayed to the city via the Edge Media Network which mentioned that a group of local citizens in the
Bartown Barricade in Humphrey were looking into hiring edgerunners for a job against local Mavericks as well. This might provide a unique opportunity to double up and profit twice from the same job.

Coop contacted everyone, beginning with Kitty, who had everyone gather at her studio to discuss the option. Once everyone agreed to do the job, Coop contacted Aristotle, to get the information, which included the location to take the bodies, Iggy’s Ice Cream Factory; as well as the information to contact a talent scout named SamSara for payment.

The Bartown Street Business Association

Rusty drove the group to the Bartown Barricade portion of Humphrey. There they made contact with Street Preacher Fredericks, who explained the situation to them. It fundamentally boiled down to a need to forcibly evict a number of mavericks from a nearby brownstone apartment building.

The gangers had taken the structure over earlier in the week, displacing or killing the residents of the building. Those that survived were under the immediate care of the Church of New Transfiguration, that he oversaw. This arrangement was in violation of corporate policy, so there were few funds available to see to the peoples needs.

He and the few remaining owners of local businesses had agreed to hire a group of netrunners to handle the problem. They had originally hired their own constable and deputy, but both had been killed early in the crisis, leaving the group desperate for assistance.

While the area was not wealthy, the business owners had all agreed to provide something as an incentive. As a result he asked the members to visit The Big Day Bridal and Catering shop, where he would have all the owners meet the group and pitch their offer for assistance. The only request was that the building remained standing and preferably livable after everything was done, since the idea was to allow those living in the church to return to their homes.

The Bartown Barricade Pitch

Once everyone assembled at the Bridal shop, the respective business owners each told the group of edgerunners what they could offer in exchange for their assistance. As a representative for the Church of the New Transfiguration, Street Preacher Fredericks offered a flat 1,500 CR each. He stated that he would take the money from his charitable works fund.

Sabrine DeCosta, the owner of The Big Day Bridal and Catering offered the group 20 Consumer FM points, and 2,000 CR in either catering or Wedding Planning credit. Additionally she offered to act as a discount contact for flowers or formal clothes through other vendors if needed.

Quick Meal, owned by Bander Marley offered the members of the group 250 CR at any Quick Meal locations across the city, or 500 CR that if they chose to only use his Quick Meal. His store carries a variety of higher-end prepackaged foodstuff and a broader selection of sundries than most Quick Meal locations.

Trix-e the owner of the Electro Mart offered the group 500 CR each at his shop, which sells electronic components and tools for hobbyists and designers. As the cost of individual components is fairly low, this is a significant amount of credit at such a shop.

Alpha Actual Armory’s owner, Stefan Zoyvich, offered each member of the group 1,000 CR worth of custom weapon work. He would also agree to provide component parts if desired instead of the work. As a weaponsmith, this means professional grade modifications.

The owner of Treads, Matso Hernandez offered each member of the group a full set of four high performance or off-road tires tires, a full set of custom rims and any custom or suspension work desired at no cost. Depending on the needs, this could be a significant value.

Caleb Handly the owner of the Go Store It Self-Storage offered each member of the group the free use of a micro-environmental 30′ × 30′ storage space for 5 years; each boasting a bio-metric lock. He also offered them 50 CR each.

After hearing the pitch, and being informed that there were roughly between 25-30 Mavericks in the target building, the group decided to take the job. If they could confirm that the 500 CR per head bounty on the Mavericks was legitimate, they would be able to clear some cash, some services and do some good all at the same time. Kitty negotiated the use of an enclosed trailer from Matso, to haul the bodies away in as well.

Iggy’s Ice Cream Factory

The next order of business was to verify that the bounty on the Mavericks was a legitimate offer. In addition the ability to scope out the operation first-hand was also a good idea. This would allow the group to get an idea of how serious this potential client was concerning their bounty.

To this point, the group made their way to the drop off location, Iggy’s Ice Cream Factory. The site was an abandoned ice cream production factory that had been closed down during the Pacific Conflict. The buildings formed a natural horse-shoe shaped enclosure, creating an excellent control zone for the people handling the bounty.

Upon arrival, the group noted a number of solos handling security, a handful of people wearing hazmat suits conducting the identification verification on some bodies being delivered, and the primary money man, SamSara.

Kitty made contact with the fixer and after a brief discussion verified that it was a legitimate bounty paying 500 CR per identifiable Maverick, and that there was no count limit to claim. All monies would be paid on Plastc Card. The only limit was that at midnight, the bounty became null and void. In order to claim their cash, the bodies must be back here no later than midnight, any bodies brought after midnight would not be accepted.

Satisfied that everything was on the level, Kitty and the others knew that they had the good potential to make some serious money on the deal. In addition to the bounty, they would be able to claim the services for clearing out the apartment building in Bartown Barricade as well, doubling the profitability of the operation.

The Op

The group returned to the Bartown Barricade and connected up the trailer that they would use to haul the bodies. Coop acquired a large number of body bags to facilitate body removal and transport as well.

It was time to discuss the assault on the target building. What the group knew was that there were six floors to the structure that had to be cleared. It was believed that the Mavericks may have potential hostages, and that they may be using some of the structure to manufacture street drugs.

After some discussion, it was decided to hit the building from two separate directions- the front and rear assault option. To better accomplish this, the group would break into two teams, Team 1 and Team 2. Each team would then breach the building from their respective entry points, eliminating any resistance along the way.

Team 1 would consist of Gimmy, FyFy, Bill and Rusty. Their assault would begin in Rusty’s Ute. As they rapidly approached the target building the occupants would lay down suppression fire against any targets located at the front of the building. The idea was to eliminate anyone there quickly, while potentially drawing any additional combatants forward towards the front of the building to facilitate Team 2’s breach of the rear of the building.

Team 2 would consist of Todd, Coop, Bunyip and Kitty. Their assault would take place at the rear of the building. The hope was that the majority of the belligerents in the building would be heading towards the front doors making their entry easier.

The First Floor

As the first team rolled up on the front of the building to engage the four hostiles outside, the second team engaged an individual on the roof, raising a bucket full of hand grenades. The resulting explosion wrecked several motorcycles, one of which bore the markings of the Chrome Division, and blew out all the windows on the back of the building.

As the first team breached the building, Team two breached the back of the building through now open windows. The back door was steel reinforced and inaccessible. The room that Todd and Coop entered contained some rotting corpses, which caused Todd to retch and evacuate the room. As the others entered a different room they engaged two enemies and then discovered a series of six pineapple hand grenades, rigged as a booby trap across the doorway. Kitty promptly disarmed them and the team moved into the corridor at the back of the building. At about the same time Coop discovered a mono-filament wire trap strung across a doorway. He removed the door framing and determined to use the trap to the teams benefit.

As Team 2 moved into the corridor, team one breached the front doors, although one of the enemy combatants managed to launch a flare into the cabin if the Ute, setting the interior seat ablaze. Bill, Fyfy and Gimmy, engaged targets exiting the adjacent doorways and one of the front rooms, as Todd in Team two took up an over-watch position at the far end of the hallway, to cover against flanking actions against team One.

Clearing the floor rapidly, the team was surprised by a pair of grenades bouncing down the stairwell and down to their positions on the first floor. The team was able to avoid significant injury, however, as the grenades proved less than effective. had previously set up the mono-filament wire trap, but the greneades destroyed it. Surveying the stairwell up, the team discovered a chain suspended from the ceiling wrapped with thermite explosive and a reinforced steel door at the top of the stairs blocking the egress. This trap would effectively drop fragments and molten metal into the stairwell, causing significant injury. The team had to come up with a plan to make it up to the second floor. The body count stood at 10 enemy combatants.

The Second Floor

As the door posed a very real obstacle to gaining access to the second floor, the team had to adapt their tactics to overcome this new problem. The team quickly considered their options and after a brief discussion landed upon a plan of action that would effectively allow the team to by pass the door.

The group broke into a few two-man teams consisting of Bill & Bunyip, Fyfy & Gimmy, Todd & Coop, and then Kitty and Rusty took up individual positions as over-watch.

The plan was deceptively simple. coop would use his shotgun to neutralize the thermite laden chain by severing it from the ignition source, dropping it harmlessly into the stairwell. As soon as the chain was down, Todd would rush the door to take up a position immediately to it’s front to cover against opening, or in case anyone tried to use the port in the door to lay down suppression fire or toss down further grenades.

As soon as the shotgun blasts were heard, Bill would use his ACR-10 to shoot up through the floor, into a room at the rear of the building, in an attempt to neutralize or scatter anyone inside. His rifle was equipped with air-burst ammunition, which would increase the effectiveness of the round once it had pass through the thin concrete sub-flooring.

Once his rounds detonated, Gimmy and Fyfy would enter that room using a two-man climbing method to gain entry through one of the glass-less windows. They would then engage any hostiles they saw, and clear the door at the top of the stairs from behind.

During this maneuver, Kitty and Rusty would hold opposite corners of the exterior of the building as over-watch, in case the team was attacked from outside. Once the breach team had accessed the room, Kitty, Rusty, Bill and Bunyip would all move to the stairwell, following Coop and Todd up the stairs and hopefully through the open door and on to the second floor.

It was a solid plan, but upon entering the second floor, Gimmy and Fyfy encountered three gangers in the same room, one of which was seriously injured, and then there were four additional gangers in the next room that engaged the pair through the wall.

While the pair were dealing with this issue, the ganger manning the door opened the slot to discharge a concussion grenade through the slot. However, Todd was ready for this maneuver, and slapped the grenade back into the compartment with the ganger, killing him.

When the explosion took place, some of the gangers attempted to engage the people in the stairwell through the wall. Bill eliminated that individual and then using the butt of his rifle smashed a hole in the wall. allowing access to the second floor with a boost up.

Coop and then Bunyip boosted through the hole to take up a position of limited cover in the corridor. As they did so, Todd broke out his handheld cutting torch and set to work cutting the lock free of the door. He was concerned for the delay in getting the door opened in time.

As the team engaged gangers exiting the rooms, and converging on the door, Todd managed to get the door open and he, Rusty and Bill managed to enter the floor to cover the other corridor. At the end of the hallway, a single individual with Chinese firework grenades proved a problem, but Gimmy used his 40-mm Grenade Launcher to evacuate the thick smoke that was hindering the teams ability to engage the target.

As the teams advanced, Bill engaged the target through the wall, killing the final assailant on the second floor. The body count was 21.

The Third and Forth Floors

Another door was present at the top of the stairwell leading to the third floor, but when one of the gangers tried to throw a grenade out the door, he fumbled it and it exploded without exiting the door. This, in turn ignited, some chemical fumes that were a by-product of the drug making lab on the third floor. The resulting explosion killed the last defenders on the third and forth floors. The body count was now 25.

The Fifth Floor

At the base of the stairs on the fourth floor, leading up to the fifth floor was a Paragon Arms Smart Security Door. Upon investigation, Bunyip determined that there were active data streams running to and from the door. When he shifted his viewpoint outside the interior of the buildings micro-net, the entire building disappeared from the Hypernet. This was the first sign that something was terribly askew.

Armed with this new information, Gimmy launched one of his drones and piloted it out the window to see what could be seen. The upper two floor windows were still intact and darkened so that optical spying was not possible. However, on the room, Gimmy spotted a number of Paragon Arms equipment crates and hardware components used for encrypted communications. This left the group wondering if they were interrupting a Paragon Arms operations.

An Invitation

As the team was working to gain access past the door, it suddenly opened. This was most likely a trap, but the group was determined to see the operation through.

Upon reaching the fifth floor, the group discovered that a significant portion of the fifth and sixth floor had been modified to create a sort of loft arrangement in between the two floors. The two floors had been reconfigured into a sort of high-tech computer server farm. A single individual was present.

On the upper floor the group encountered an unidentified Proxy. He would later be identified as Mundo Messias. The group attempted to get him to leave the area, but he refused. Uncertain of what sort of influence he may have, the group decided to withdraw from the building, taking their bodies as they went. Seemingly, the situation was of no interest to the Proxy upstairs and they were allowed to claim the 25 bodies they had eliminated on their way in.

Not Finished Yet!

Once the bodies were recovered and loaded into the borrowed trailer the group made their way to the drop-off point where they turned the bodies over to SamSara and his people for confirmation and payment. The bodies were confirmed and they group was paid 12,500 credits for their efforts.

Once the bounty was settled, the group then determined to deal with the pompous Proxy in the tower. To that effect, Kitty contacted her twin sister Mel, a skilled netrunner to trash his operation from the net side of things. Mel indicated that she would gather together some of her netrunner friends in the Red Brigade to assist her. however, before they could put anything into action, another party became involved and had already resolved the issue.

The third party in question was Cinch Connectivity Solutions. Coop had contacted a friend who worked there, Eleanor Costa, to ask for her assistance. It turned out that the TX line that the Proxy was hijacking was Cinch property. Eleanor was able to have a combat team dispatched to the site. There they eliminated the proxy and identified it as a persona fixed unit chipped to be Mundo Messias.

As repayment for the tip, Cinch agreed to rebuild and remodel the apartment building after they secured their TX line access. In the meantime they agreed to house the displaced occupants in a nearby hotel and to pay for basic expenses for them until they could return home.

Successful, the team returned to Bartown Barricade to claim their reward, which was promptly provided to them.

However, things were about to take a turn for the worse…

Delivery for Armadyne

It turned out that the bodies that had been collected in the bounty on the Mavericks were dumped very unceremoniously on the front lawn of the Armadyne Industries building in the Core. The nearly 200 bodies made a very pointed statement to that company, although those outside the immediate situation may not exactly know what the message was.

This caused an immediate news frenzy, as people tried to figure out exactly what was going on. Armadyne for their part, were very unhappy with the situation, and assigned one of their special operations managers,Robert Higgman, to deal with the issue.

Higgman received a lucky break as one of the individuals at the bounty site had used Simsense to record the identities of all the bounty claimants that had brought bodies. Higgman bought the data, and then coordinated an joint operation with the Frontier Police Department to help them identify those responsible for the incident. The corporation then received a free hand in dealing with those responsible.

As a result of this, Higgman began a rapid series of executions against those who had collected the bounties on the Mavericks. Higgman was, however, unaware that there was a leak in their department, and that the corporate entity that had commissioned the bounty operation was now aware of the problem. That inside asset provided their employer with a copy of the video, who in turn moved to warn the various street contacts that they were in danger.

The Warning

The very next day, while people were undertaking a variety of personal business errands, Kitty received a unexpected call from SamSara. He was calling to warn the group that one of the individuals that had been on the receiving team had sold a Simsense recording to Armadyne that made it possible for them to be identified.

Kitty, placed a small bounty on the head of the individual responsible for the betrayal, and SamSara let it be known that he would facilitate that contract. In the meantime, he suggested that the group take steps to protect themselves.

Kitty immediately contacted the various members of the team, and gave them the warning. During her conversation with Bunyip, it was determined that the group could hide out with one of the local nomad packs, since Bunyip’s brother Lorne was a member in good standing with them. Kitty passed on the word to all the members that they could seek refuge with the a local nomad pack and that they should plan to be gone a couple of days. Rusty agreed to pick everyone up, except for Todd and Gimmy who were at Todd’s business in Winding Creek.

Preparations and Meeting the Pack

Todd loaded a large amount of survival equipment into the back of one of his vehicles. This would be enough food, water and gear for a group of eight to survive in the outback for a month. However, it turned out that Bunyip’s brother was a member of the Untamed, who were an aquatic pack, centralized at the MV Atlas Shipwreck just off the coast, west of Frontier.

The group arrived at the pier in Ross Cove roughly an hour later. Arrangements were made with the members of the Untamed pack there to transport over Rusty’s Ute and Todd’s truck filled with supplies. The only caveat was that Bunyip was told he held the responsibility for all those that he brought over into the pack.

Unexpected Assistance

Not long after the group arrived at the Pack’s home turf, Bunyip received a cryptic message that read simply “I have hidden you from the Police Grid.” With everything being equal, the group deduced that the message had been sent to them from Miss Aver, whom had been given access to the Police computer systems by Coop.

If this information was true, it would mean that the group would be likely to be able to avoid the police identification search that Armadyne had arranged with them. Additionally, it would also be likely that the group would not flag any alarms through Facial Recognition. It would need to be confirmed.

Testing the Waters

In order to confirm that they were no longer on the police radar, or the corporate radar, for that matter- Gimmy, Todd and Fyfy decided to take a trip to the Core and make a transit through the park space immediately in front of the Armadyne Industries building.

The group did not want to risk Rusty’s Ute being identified, so Bill arranged for one of his contacts, Grover, to act as chauffeur for the small group. He was a driver for Maxi Taxi and drove the very resilient Land Rover 225, which would afford a degree of protection should things go poorly.

The three met the driver at the end of the pier and he drove them to the Core. Once there, he dropped Gimmy and Todd at one end of the street, and Fyfy at the other. He would wait nearby, in case something terrible happened and the group needed to make a fast getaway.

To best test the situation, Todd walked the route directly past the Armadyne building. when there was no response from the security team or police, Gimmy decided to increase the risk, to confirm the groups supposed protection. He launched one of his drones, which immediately drew the attention of security personnel from the nearby Paragon Arms building. After a warning from the security personnel, Gimmy shifted closer to the Armadyne building, repeating the experiment. A second time he was warned by Paragon Security, but no police nor Armadyne security response was forthcoming, settling the question definitively.

Basic Recon

Kitty, armed with Higgman’s name, contacted her friend Rory Zabeleta to find the man and watch him. It was originally intended that Rory would eliminate the target, but it became very apparent that there would be a lot of collateral damage, so Rory was regulated to observation and tracking duties for the moment.

interestingly enough Fyfy also contacted one of his contacts, Vincent Carpenter, to inquire about hitting the man. The price was high, and the risk low, but the target wasn’t entirely worth it. Vincent was asked to be ready should he be needed, but to otherwise stand by.

The Enemy of My Enemy

It was at around this time that SamSara once again made contact with kitty concerning a possible job proposition. It seemed that his corporate contact, at Shiawase Reclamation, Seldra Montrose was interested in hiring the team to eliminate Robert Higgman and his boss Rashmir Al-Salid and was willing to provide pay and some limited intelligence to have the job done.

It turned out that Armadyne was paying the Mavericks to cause damage and difficulties for Shiawase at their Area 11 facility. This stemmed from the fact that Armadyne had developed a version of the Shiawase Nanocleaners that were used in the various orbital and off-world facilities by contract. They wanted to destabilize Shiawase and step in to assist showcasing their new, “cheaper” technology, cutting Shiawase out of the market.

Of course, once Shiawase figured out what was happening they wanted to send a very strong message to Armadyne. They instituted a 24-hour bounty on the Mavericks, the bodies from which were delivered to the front lawn of the corporation early the next morning.

However, Higgman’s desire to hit the contracted operators instead of corporate assets had angered certain individuals in the Shiawase company leading to a sanction against the two men. When Montrose discovered that one of the teams on the Simsense recording kept coming up empty on searches conducted by Shiawase intelligence assets within the FPD, she recognized an opportunity to handle two problems simultaneously.

As a result, she contacted SamSara, who in turn, contacted kitty to arrange the meet. Each member of the team would make 10,000 CR and 1,000 Shiawase Utility Exchange Credits.

The group met with Montrose at her office, where she provided some details on the security, habits and skill sets of their targets. She then left it up to her operatives to undertake the plan.

Planning the Mission

Before the team could get involved in the planning of the mission in any detail, Todd was called back to base on an emergency activation, due to some unknown military emergency. This left the team down a man, and the pilot needed for the original plan, so the team would need to come up with something new.

The team began to dig through the information that they had on the targets and after a few aborted mission plans, decided to simplify their mission by involving Miss Aver in the plan.

Using Rory as an eyes-on operative, the team was able to assess Higgman’s security detail, as well as track his whereabouts. The new plan would involve having his own corporation grab him and transport him to an Armadyne black site.

To facilitate this, Miss Aver prepared a false monetary transfer of 2,000,000 CR to Higgman’s personal account which would appear to originate with Shiawase, which were direct competitors. This, along with a dropped rumor that Higgman has been discussing defecting to Shiawase, coupled with his recent operational failures would hopefully do the trick.

As it was suspected that his immediate boss, Al-Salid did not really like him, it was hoped that this would draw him to the site to personally become involved in the interrogation that was certain to take place.

However, before springing the trap, the team wanted to give Higgman a chance to move about the town under his assumed, “Casanova” alias to add some additional credibility to the situation.

Casanova’s Big Night on the Town

Using Rory’s intelligence gathering as a starting point, the team learned that Higgman, as Casanova, was going to visit the somewhat infamous Androids proxy Brothel. The situation would allow the team to introduce a spray solution containing thousands of active RFID tags to the steering wheel, radio knobs and air conditioning vents of his Miretora Shimmer.

The team headed to the walking retail area in Halfton where Androids was located. Knowing that Rory was monitoring Higgman’s progress, as well as his security detail, the team had ample time to set themselves up to be in position well before his arrival.

To pass the time, Bunyip, Kitty, Coop and Bill took up a seat at the small sidewalk bistro located directly opposite Androids. Meanwhile, Gimmy and Fyfy purchased some 3-D printed fruit from the 3-D fruit store next door, to allow them to observe the exterior of the Androids club prior to Casanova’s arrival.

Desiring some information on the layout and security of the Brothel, Gimmy and Fyfy, made their way inside, where Gimmy hired a proxy for a sports massage, while Fyfy mixed at the bodyguard’s lounge. Other than testing the building’s security response, which included the presence of three security programmed proxies, little happened of note. Although Fyfy was hit on by a guy named JJ, who was looking for some “companionship” and had a fetish for bodyguards.

Satisfied that it was unlikely that Higgman/Casanova would be able to evade them at the club, the two decided to wait at the main entry with a small assembled group of individuals, obviously waiting for patrons of the establishment.

When Casanova/Higgman arrived, it was apparent that his security people were less than pleased with the situation. Besides the large, completely unsecured crowd, Higgman was being pushy with his security men. As they moved through the crowd, the group was halted by an individual who purposefully refused to move, unless paid some reparations.

Higgman ordered his security detail, to remove the man, and the first individual that attempted it was killed by the stranger within moments. He possessed a cyberarm with enhanced flywheels and explosive big knucks, which made quick work of the bodyguard. Enraged, Higgman ordered his security man to do something immediately. The security man responded by paying the assailant 3,000 CR to move, which he did. Higgman fired that bodyguard on-the-spot. This meant that his current security detail now numbered four individuals instead of the normal six-to-eight.

Once the group reached the entry of Androids, Higgman/Casanova forbid his people form taking a break, ordering them to stay outside and stay alert. Being unable to enter the building meant that the possibility that it would appear that Higgman was meeting with a contact Shiawase could now be surmised once the plan went into action.

It became apparent that the security detail was unhappy with their charge. This was especially clear when Coop and Bunyip approached Higgman’s car only to discover that there was a single security officer in a follow car on-site.

Rather than start a firefight, Coop and Bunyip were able to bribe the guard to allow them access to the car so they could spray a “nauseating” agent on the car to make their boss feel miserable. The attempt was so successful, that the security guard even unlocked the car for them and allowed them a full 5-minutes access.

Of course there was no sickening agent, but a mist containing the RFID tags that would be used to track the target through the city. The two had more then enough time to set up the tracking for the next stage of the plan.

Through Rory the team learned that Higgman’s evening would consist of additional visits to the Blue Girl Club, the Fox Hole and the Tap before heading home in Eden Heights. Armed with this information, Kitty asked Miss Aver to launch the simulated money transfer after the target left the last location. Rory and Aver would then track the target to the Black Site. The team would then move into place to await the expected arrival for Al-Salid. Once both were in place, they would move in, neutralize the security teams and deal with the targets. Bill was carrying sedative loaded rounds for his revolver which he planned to use against Al-Salid, so he could evaluate him before removing the Encrypted Data Module that was embedded in his skull.

Kitty had earlier acquired serial-free weapons for the team for use in the operation. These weapons were the same models that the individual members currently carried, allowing for quick familiarity.

Unfortunately members of the Honor Bound Nomad Pack, currently at war with the Great Khans spotted Rusty’s ute. They sabotaged it and a white phosphorus grenade burned through the engine block disabling the vehicle. As a result the team called Grover to provide transportation after the location of the Black Site was revealed.

Setting Things in Motion

Once Higgman left the final location, Miss Aver activated the simulated money transfer. This was, as suspected flagged immediately by Armadyne, who alerted Al-Salid.

On his orders, Higgman’s own security team was ordered to abduct him and transport him to a black site that the company possessed in Southside. The abduction was confirmed by Rory, and Miss Avers tracked the target through the city to the black site location. The team moved to get into position.

The Black Site

The team followed the information to the Black Site used by Aramdyne. In this particular instance the site was cleverly hidden inside a rundown tenement block. This ‘C’-shaped building was five floors tall, and housed a number of small tenement apartments. The apartments were mostly occupied by civilians, and it was readily apparent that the site was used for temporary holding and interrogation.

The target building was one of six on the same block, each with the same layout and level of occupation. There were three abreast, each separated by a very narrow walking alley. each set of three was divided by a narrow drive, granting rear access to the buildings as a whole. Rory had indicated to the team that Higgman’s team had entered the building from the rear entrance.

Upon their arrival, the team surveyed the building layout and withdrew to the rear of the structure. There, they spotted the vehicle used by Higgman’s security team. Confirming the teams’ location on the fifth floor with Rory, the group separated to prepare for their assault.

Tactical Preparations

Gimmy and Bill traded weapons for the duration of the mission. This would allow Gimmy to take up a sniper position on the roof opposite the target room, freeing Bill to be on site to handle the removal of the data module when the time came.

To support Gimmy during the operation, Kitty joined him on the building to make certain that no one could sneak up on Gimmy during the assault.

To supplement the operation, Coop and Rusty took up a position in the drive alleyway between buildings. Their role would be to prevent any security assets from reinforcing anyone upstairs once the fighting started. It was believed that the security detail would most likely leave a small force to protect the vehicles. In reality they would leave two security operatives and supplement them with a pair of Inmara Security Support Robots.

The main thrust of the assault would be conducted by Bill, Fyfy and Bunyip on the room where the targets would be. Using a pincer maneuver, covered by sniper fire, this team would breach the room and engage to eliminate all security assets and allow Bill to deal with the data Module carried by Al-Salid. This team decided to stage on the fourth floor, gaining access to an apartment there after bribing the occupants.

The Boss Arrives

As expected Al-Salid arrived on the scene with his security detail to personally oversee the interrogation of his former employee. downstairs at the cars, two security operatives and two Inmara Security Robots secured the vehicles. Upstairs, Higgman and his five-man security team were joined by Al-Salid and his ten-man security detail. This made for a total of 15 security personnel and the two targets in the room. Two additional security personnel were left in the hallway to secure the entry to the target room.

The breach team moved slowly up the stairs to the fifth floor and prepared to strike.


Bill and Fyfy engaged the security outside the room rapidly, while Bunyip secured the medical equipment needed to remove the data module and watched the team’s back to prevent flanking action by the enemy. The two outside fell rapidly, and Bill used a Grenade from Gimmy’s Grenade launcher to open the entry door and destroy all the windows in the room.

Simultaneous to this breaching action upstairs, Coop and Rusty opened fire on the security people and Robots outside. They rapidly disabled the robots and eliminated one of the security personnel.

However, one of the men outside managed to get into the Escalade chase vehicle and activate a remote operated rotary cannon. In an impressive show of skill, Coop dropped and fired from beneath the vehicle through the floorboard into the vehicle, killing the gunner and disabling the weapon. Rusty moved to secure the Escalade, but was unable to overcome the security system. He was, however able to hijack the sedan that Higgman’s team used to reach the site.

Meanwhile, with the windows blown out upstairs, Gimmy and Kitty performed covering fire against the security personnel in the room. As the security team attempted to protect themselves from both directions, Fyfy and bill engaged them from the doorway. Within moments the majority of the security team was neutralized and either dead or unable to continue the fight.

However, one security officer managed to drag Al-Salid into the adjacent bathroom and drop him into the bathtub, which offered a modicum of additional protection due to it’s metal construction. He then deployed a mono-filament grenade into the main room in an attempt to slow movement.

As the last of the security people fell in the main room, Gimmy fired a round through the wall of the building, eliminating the final security person. However, Al-Salid and Higgman still remained alive.

At this time, Fyfy attempted top cross the room to the bathroom, unaware of the mono-filament trap, thinking instead it was some sort of cluster explosive. He brushed against a strand of the filament and severed his arm, leading to unconsciousness.

Unable to reach Fyfy, and risk being injured and unable to retrieve the data module, Bill asked Bunyip to recover Fyfy and get him clear of the room. Bunyip bravely faced the threat and managed to reach Fyfy and belt-drag him to the doctor who stabilized him.

During this time Gimmy used the rifle to threaten Al-Salid, who was convinced that his Monarch Service Contract had activated and that a fire team was on the way. He was unaware that Bill had used a contact to suspend Al-Salid’s contract, preventing the team from deploying.

Gimmy eliminated Higgman, completing half the mission objective. At around the same time, Bill had managed to stabilize Fyfy enough to prepare for movement. He requested Gimmy and Coop to displace and assist in moving Fyfy.

While they were doing so, Kitty moved down to join Rusty at the two newly acquired Cadillac Slipstreams, one of which possessed a safe in the trunk while the other carried a robohound in the trunk.


To complete the remaining objective, Bill rushed the bathroom, shooting Al-Salid with the sedative rounds. He was also hit, but his body armor managed to absorb the impact of the bullets and he was unharmed.

Once Al-Salid had succumbed to the drugs effects, Bill and Bunyip moved in to assess and prepare to removed the data module. Realizing that there were no safeguards to be concerned with, Bill and Bunyip rapidly cut the module out, killing Al-Salid in the process. Memory module in hand, the team moved to the hijacked cars for their ex-filtration. The entire operation took less than ten-minutes from start to finish.

The Wrap-up

Mission complete, Kitty contacted Seldra Montrose to complete the transaction. They met at a Giga Cafe, where the device was confirmed usable. Montrose paid the team by Plastc Cards. She even paid for the car with the safe, on the off chance that the safe may contain something of value.

Bill had recovered Fyfy’s arm and took the time that night to reattach it using bone-mend, micro-sutures and speed-healers to bring it back up to functionality. The operation took 3 hours to complete.

With the team paid, people were ready to undertake some personal business until the next big group job came along.

Clean Up on Aisle Four

Interface 2050 Nicesociety